Pre-construction is incorporated into Capital Performance Management’s full service construction management as agent or owner’s representative services but it’s equally beneficial to our healthcare clients who simply want an independent set of eyes and specialized set of skills to augment the services provided by an architect.
Ninety percent of all potential savings from value analysis occur during the conceptual phase of pre-construction and without disruption or set-back to the program. Pre-construction is where every major decision occurs. It determines the success of a project. This is where the program is defined, various scenarios are examined, quality control of the documents is assured, and budget controls are implemented.
Capital Performance Management provides these services on all of our clients who want unbiased input and representation of their interests before the bids are received.
Both full and standalone services include pre-construction that focuses on:
- Program continuity and scope containment.
- Confirmation of budgets.
- Value management to optimize costs of construction with operating costs.
- Constructability and quality control reviews.
- Input on life-cycle material and equipment selections.
- Cost estimates and budget control.